Salary: Up to £22,000 + benefits
We are looking for an enthusiastic and multi-talented Researcher/Copywriter to join our production team and carry out qualitative and quantitative research, as well as provide high-quality written content for the various projects the team has in production at any given time.
As a researcher, you must be tenacious and willing and able to mine the Internet and other sources for information, and be meticulous in the analysis and presentation of your findings. As a copywriter, you must have a flair for the English language, but at the same time be a strict self-editor to ensure you stick to your word count whilst still getting your message across.
- Sourcing qualitative and quantitative data from a wide variety of sources (typically online but also often making direct contact with various institutions and academic sources).
- Providing thorough references and citations for your data.
- Curating your data to separate the useful from the useless, and thoroughly analysing your findings to pick out trends.
- Presenting your findings in an easily digestible format for the production team.
- Providing ongoing research support throughout the production cycle.
- Ensuring each campaign in production has all the written content it needs. This can range from basic on-page copy through to lengthier passages of written work.
- Liaising with our in-house foreign language speakers to arrange translations when required, and conversely, proofreading and sub-editing their English translations.
- Creating written content for Verve’s website and social media channels
- Supporting the management team in the creation of external documents e.g. awards submissions, briefs, pitches etc.
- Minimum education – Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
- Demonstrable research and analysis experience
- Extremely strong written English skills and a keen eye for detail terms of presentation in
- Ability to adapt tone according to the vertical and audience
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Demonstrate creativity and the ability to come up with innovative and original ideas for campaigns
- Be a team player; with the ability and interest in supporting the wider team, solving problems and coming up with solutions when challenges arise
- Desirable – previous agency experience and/or understanding of SEO