A well-renowned clinic based in Croydon are looking to grow their team with the addition of a Receptionist. The role will entail various administrative duties, and would suit someone with previous experience within a customer-facing environment.
Purpose of the Job
The main purpose of the job is to provide a professional, comprehensive reception service to patients using the surgery, the private clinic and additional services provided in rented room space. Of equal importance is excellent administration of the patients’ records. This requires a good understanding of all services provided in the surgery building; specifically the surgery and the clinic. The position also requires that general administrative/I.T. support is provided to partners, clinicians, practice manager, nurse and other staff members. Previous experience working as a Receptionist or in a similar role would be a major advantage.
- Represent the businesses in a professional and courteous manner
- Answering patient queries in a knowledgeable and professional manner
- Assist in the closing and securing of the premises at the end of the clinic shift as directed by the end of session check list signing off list to confirm completion.
- Administration duties as required by reception/office manager
- Maintain good quality patient records
- Make tea/coffee for partners, clinicians and other members of staff and participate in loading dishwasher rota
- Undertake other duties as required by the partners
- To abide by the requirements set out in the Care Standards Act 2000, NMS Regulations and the Private and Voluntary Healthcare Regulations (England) 2001.
- Comply with all in house and statutory Health & Safety Procedures.
- Understanding of own behavior and how this impacts on colleagues, patients and visitors.
- Work as an effective and responsible team member, supporting others and exploring the mechanisms to develop new ways of working.
- Prioritise own workload and ensure effective time-management strategies are embedded within the culture of the team.