A leading insurance company based in Sunbury are looking for a Team Leader to assist the Customer Service Manager with the management of all aspects of the customer service department.
Salary: £22,500 basic, £35,000 OTE
- To ensure the team act in a courteous, disciplined and professional manner at all times with their colleagues as well as dealing with customers and insurance companies.
- Assist with the training of new and existing staff and encourage development.
- Coaching and mentoring of the team to encourage and motivate them to meet department targets.
- Reporting of target statistics to the Manager.
- To obtain the necessary information for the customer with regard to them and the vehicle including insurance history.
- To inform the customer about methods of payment and charges.
- To ensure all adjustments, additional premiums, cancellations and enquiries are handled in a satisfactory and accurate manner in accordance with Company guidelines.
- To ensure all calls and written correspondence from customers and insurers in respect of policies are handled in a satisfactory and accurate manner in accordance with Company guidelines, that paperwork is collated, presented and issued in line with Company procedures.
- To represent the Department and contribute accordingly to such meetings to ensure that the business is able to achieve its objectives.
- Develop and maintain a competent level of technical, product and system knowledge.
- To carry out regular performance reviews for the team.
- To deal with any employee issues through the capability and disciplinary procedures always in liaison with the Human Resources Department.
- Provide the customer with relevant product information that is clear, fair and not misleading allowing them to make an informed decision inline with FCA guidelines.
- To deal with all customer complaints in a courteous professional manner.
- Comply with guidelines laid down by the Financial Services Authority with regards to the selling of insurance.
- To ensure that the Management Team are aware are issues within the department.
Skills and Experience
- Self motivated and resilient with the ability to operate independently where required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and the ability to liaise with colleagues.
- Strong Excel skills and knowledge.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Experience of working in an insurance environment would be advantageous.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment with excellent customer care capabilities
- Well organised, realistic and reliable.
- Team player with ability to flex requirements to meet the needs of the business.
- Shares information and knowledge with colleagues.
- Ability to focus and work towards the minimum standards and targets set by the Company.
- Working knowledge of Open GI, SSP and CDL.
- Proven track record in the achievement of objectives, deliverables and meeting deadlines.