A highly successful PR agency based in Guildford are looking for someone with strong experience working with high-profile brands to join as an Account Director.
Salary: circa £45,000
- Focusing on developing long term strategy for each client, identifying new areas of focus and growth.
- Overseeing the team as they develop PR proposals and plans to support the client’s marketing and sales objectives
- At critical times, take the lead on major issues to manage a smooth path for the client and the agency whilst empowering and/or training your team to support accordingly and learn the correct procedures and protocols
- Attend regular client meetings to discuss ongoing activity delivery and ensure prompt distribution of minutes from those meetings
- Manage the delivery of your client’s PR campaigns/activities including managing the writing of press releases, extended articles, brochure/catalogue entries, advertisements and promotional material
- When required, provide expert writing support
- Maintain regular contact with the client during the month, keeping them fully informed of the work in progress
- Working with your team, identify forward news and general information pertinent to and about the industry and recommend action to be taken if appropriate
- Be an expert in your clients’ businesses, reading appropriate media; become familiar with their markets, business strategies, competitors and general industry news
- Attend client events where relevant including trade shows, product launches, conferences, hospitality events etc.
- Ability to develop creative PR ideas and approaches
- Excellent proven communications skills – both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge of PR industry processes and practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to demonstrate an innovative and problem-solving approach to issues
- Interest in current affairs
- Ability to manage own workload
- Ability to work under pressure and ensure deadlines are met, including managing multiple PR programmes