Our client is a well-renowned local business who operate within the insurance industry.
In order to improve pricing together with customer and operational insight they are looking to hire a data scientist to work in their Hampton office. It is important that the successful candidates have the initiative and drive to generate commercial pricing opportunities based on available data.
- Analyse large, complex internet and pricing data-sets to reveal underlying patterns, correlations and trends.
- Have enough financial knowledge to estimate overall impact of different pricing strategies.
- Drive development of statistical techniques and machine learning techniques to model customer behaviour and preferences.
- Set up and conduct experiments to test hypotheses and drive insurance product development.
- Leverage quantitative techniques to answer non-routine business problems.
- Integrate with the existing business intelligence team.
- Commercial mind-set and keen interest in insurance industry pricing trends.
- Solid previous experience in solving large analytical problems using statistical, machine learning or other quantitative methods.
- Bachelors Degree or PhD in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or similar quantitative discipline. Advanced degrees preferred.
- Equally comfortable with implementing algorithms as well as performing ad-hoc analysis and deriving insight.
- Solid programming skills (e.g. R, Python, C++, C#, Java), and fluency in SQL.
- Experience working with large datasets and distributed computing (Hadoop, Spark, Mahout, NoSQL, Hive, Pig) or the ability to learn these quickly.
- Excellent team working attitude with the ability to work proactively under own initiative in a fast paced environment.