The Finance Manager will be responsible for the overall day to day management of the firm’s financial activities to ensure an adequate financial control framework is maintained to safeguard the integrity of the firm’s finances, to play a key role in mitigating financial and business risks and to assist in driving the firm’s strategy, profitability, cash flow and growth. They will be also be responsible for the provision of robust financial information internally and externally to enable decision making, effective operations and to help the firm meet its clients’ needs and statutory requirements.
- Overseeing Reporting and Budgeting
- Manage, maintain and update cashflow forecasts for the firm.
- Produce monthly and year-end WIP by matter partner report for statutory accounts purposes
- Prepare year end audit of accounts.
- Ensure all internal and external financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Monitor and track all accrual and prepayments.
- Monitor firm time recording, cash position, aged WIP and receivables, taking action to ensure firm lock up is minimised
- Prepare quarterly review packs for the Leadership Team
- Review and approve all client bank account reconciliations.
- Ensure transactions are processed in accordance with SRA Accounts Rules.
- Respond to accounting, Tax, VAT, SRA Accounts Rules and other finance queries
- Produce and distribute fee earner KPI data
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACA or ACCA)
- Partnership accounting experience is desirable
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to use initiative and be pro-active
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise;
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands and meet deadlines
- Advanced excel skills