A prestigious school in South West London are looking for someone to manage their finances and the payroll on a part-time basis. They need someone to come in 2 days a week for an 8 month period as maternity cover.
- To ensure all monthly paid employees (Approx. 230) are paid accurately and on time using the Sage 50 Payroll Software
- To ensure the payroll follows an audit process to ensure accurate input
- Production and distribution of P60s, P11ds and P45s
- Use Sage 50 Payroll to input all new starters, process leavers, send out payslips, produce
- P32s, Journal creation, FPS and EPS
- Year-end update and reconciliations of the payroll software
- Keeping all PSA Settlement Agreements up to date and completing all annual calculations
- Manage various pension schemes and auto enrolment processes including Teachers Pension scheme and Group Pension Scheme.
- Reconciliation of the monthly RTI data using the Government Gateway
- Calculate SMP/SPP/ShPP/SSP and provide schedules where necessary for those taking leave.
- Prepare & process month end payroll journals using Sage 200
- Provide assistance to the Deputy Bursar in relation to the Financial Year End for payroll audit purposes
- Maintain and update a number of payroll related spreadsheets used to record and analyse current headcount, salaries, allowances, cleaner’s hours & holidays etc.
- Forecast and budget for all payroll costs
- Completion of a number of National Statistic surveys throughout the year.
- Answer general PAYE queries by telephone, email and in person.
- Attend such courses and professional development as may be directed by the Deputy Bursar
- Bursar to assist with the efficient discharge of his/her duties.
- Work closely with HR to streamline processes
- Analyse and reconcile control accounts on a monthly basis
- To provide additional assistance on other reasonable tasks as may be directed by the Deputy Bursar or Bursar.
- Significant Payroll experience including auto enrolment
- Sage 200 experience
- Sage 50 Payroll experience
- High level of knowledge of both Word and Excel
- Confident in dealing with colleagues, parents and pupils