Hybrid remote work schedule (2 days from home, 3 days in the office)
My client provides B2B events, market research, publications and strategic and technical consulting across four brands in 10 different vertical industries.
They are renowned throughout numerous industry areas for their quality, high calibre conferences, and their comprehensive and informative market research reports. They offer independent and expert market insight to allow companies to identify opportunities and grow their business.
- Commissioning, editing and publishing reports successfully
- Reading, proofreading and promptly responding to manuscript submissions
- Managing an author through the report publishing process, from researching suitable authors, to contract negotiation, through to writing the report and ensuring key deliverables are submitted on time, and ensuring invoices, for both authors and external freelancers are processed
- Ownership of and main point of contact for authors across subject areas
- Maintaining strong relationships with authors, providing regular updates the progress of their report
- Working closely with the production team to ensure the delivery of a report is timely
- Negotiating contracts with new authors and onboarding
- No Previous Experience Required!
- Is able to create and maintain excellent author manager relationships
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Good team player, willing to carry through projects
- Global thinker: someone able to think ‘beyond the report’ and consider the knock-on effect our work has on other departments (sales, marketing etc.)
- Excellent communicator, written and oral skills essential, as is good listening skills
- Proven editorial skills
- Competent and comfortable in understanding and summarising complex issues and technologies
- Ability to adapt quickly to change, juggle a varied workload under pressure and work quickly and efficiently on own initiative as well as part of a team
- A strategic and commercial mind-set with experience in developing and implementing plans
- Detail-orientated, cost-aware and deadline focused
Please get in touch with Alex on 02085497212 for more information or submit your CV using the link below