Salary: £21,000 basic, £31,000 OTE
This is a really exciting opportunity to join an award-winning graduate scheme and build a career in recruitment.
Our client is a multi-faceted provider of niche talent to the technology sector. As a resourcer, it will be your job to support the principal recruitment consultant with certain tasks.
This includes candidate name gathering, interviewing, candidate management, database maintenance and ensuring quality assurance compliance.
Typically, you’ll be carrying out these types of duties every day:
• Source and select candidates
• Network and advertise to potential candidates
• Identify skills to match appropriately with vacancies
• Negotiate contracts and new starter packs
• Deal with general queries relating to contracts, pay, logistics etc
You’ll be liaising with a wide range of people, getting as much information as possible to make the perfect match.
You could be dealing with permanent, contract and temporary placements, and finding suitable candidates at a range of different levels.
Being a resourcer is usually a Monday to Friday role, 9am – 5.30pm. However, due to the need to speak to executive candidates, you may occasionally have to work later. Although the role is mainly desk-based, you’ll get to meet clients and candidates both on and off site.
Promotion into a consultancy, business development or management role is a real possibility – especially if you’re consistently delivering, or exceeding, targets and making a big impression on clients and candidates alike.
To be a good resourcer, you must:
• Be a recent graduate (or equivalent)
• Have good communication skills
• Be able to gain people’s confidence and put them at ease
• Be persuasive, persistent and patient
• Be able to cope with pressure
• Be flexible and adaptable
• Have a mature personality
• Have good organisational and administrative skills
• Have the ability to prioritise
• Have good IT skills
• Be able to work to deadlines