Our West London based client is looking for a Junior Buyer to join their growing team. Initially, the successful candidate will work Sunday – Thursday from 2pm – 10.30pm and be responsible for buying and controlling stock levels . They will work closely with warehouse staff and UK and overseas suppliers. They will be a central part of the buying team whose remit is to protect and enhance buying margin and keep waste levels to a minimum.
The role is primarily warehouse based (West London) but occasionally working from home and involves:
- Monitor stock levels and liaise with stock contollers
- Keep track of waste, identify issues and propose solutions
- Keep up to date with the latest delivery forecasts
- Place and adjust orders with suppliers accordingly
- Keep reports and logs up to date and communicate their findings
- Mathematical brain and used to excel / google sheets
- A keen eye for detail
- Confident in giving clear and concise instructions
- Comfortable communicating with people for whom English is not their first language
- A problem solver
- Keep a cool head when plans change
- Carry out tasks methodically and precisely
The successful candidate will be joining a team at the early stages of it’s growth and you will progress into new areas of responsibility.
They will develop an understanding of the wider business and come to play a key part in the success of our international expansion.