A successful legal firm based in Bank are looking for someone with outstanding organisational skills to join the team as a Practice Assistant.
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000
- Providing support on legal documents and correspondence, including formatting and proof-reading.
- Assisting with new matter administration, including setting up new matters on the firm’s time-recording and document management systems.
- Creating/maintaining working/correspondence files (including the necessary copying/scanning) and court/client bundles.
- Electronic archiving.
- Arranging couriers/taxis.
- Copying, printing and scanning for members of the team and setting up conference calls.
- Depending on background and experience, assisting with legal research and articles.
- Assisting with adding to and maintaining the client/marketing database.
- Assisting with pitch documents/presentations and making up marketing packs.
- Assisting with marketing event planning and administration.
- Managing newsletter compilation and distribution.
- Managing bulk marketing mailings.
- General marketing project administrative support.
- Answering incoming telephone calls.
- Managing mail – in and out.
- Liaising with IT support and other external suppliers (such as property management) when issues arise.
- Staffing Reception, including greeting external visitors and managing meeting room bookings and the presentation of meeting rooms.
- Managing office supplies (including stationery).
- Maintaining weekly capacity record.
- Very strong and advanced document and IT skills in Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint and Word, with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-organised, with the ability to manage self and prioritise workload effectively and multi-task in supporting the team.
- Flexible attitude, enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the ability to use their own initiative.
- Excellent timekeeping.