Our client, a leading retailer and design business are looking to enhance their team with the addition of a Management Accountant.
Location: West London
Salary: Up to £35,000
- Oversee and/or perform the timely and accurate recording of group transactions, leveraging technology wherever possible.
- Manage the end-to-end accounts payable cycle, encompassing validation and approval of supplier invoices, statement reconciliations, supplier queries and making payments via payment files. A project is underway to automate much of the data capture; until complete interim resource support will be available.
- Deal with ad hoc queries on customer accounts.
- Reactively responding to ad hoc issues arising from business operations.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and other financial data as requested by management.
- Undertake analysis as required to explain issues emerging from the Group’s KPIs. Provide commentary once completed.
- Ensure transactions requiring special taxation treatment are appropriately classified at the point of data capture.
- Ensure input VAT is correctly accounted for particularly on imported products.
- Prepare, validate and file quarterly VAT returns.
- Lead the preparation of monthly payroll data particularly sales commissions. Reconcile payroll month-on-month.
- Running payroll and file RTI submissions.
- Proactively deal with operational issues arising particularly where these impact on BAU business activity
- Be key point of contact for finance queries and advice
- Relentlessly pursue excellence in data quality and service to the business.
- Be constantly alert to profit-enhancing opportunities.