If this vacancy is of interest to you, please send a CV to email@example.com or give us a call on 0208 549 7212.
Location: Kingston Upon Thames
Salary: up to £24,000
One of the UK’s largest providers of vocational and specialist training are looking for a Progress Manager to join their team.
Purpose of the job:
To manage and support a caseload of learners so that they achieve the qualifications specified in their Individual Learning Plans in the time agreed at the start of their training.
Responsible to: Divisional Manager
• To ensure that all trainees make progress with their qualification every month and are awarded a minimum of one unit every 3 months.
• To ensure learners complete all qualifications within their framework prior to their funding end date
• To carry out a Quarterly Review on every learner at least every 12 weeks
• To work with the tutor to support and deliver basic skills to meet the individual needs of the trainees in order to ensure they pass their exams
• To work with the IV, assessors, employers and learners to ensure learners progress
• Meet with each assessor and IV on a monthly as a minimum basis in order to discuss the individual learners and to plan how to move them forward
• Manage learner and group progress in order to achieve complete apprenticeship frameworks on target
• Obtain detailed tutor/assessor comments and targets, information on study day attendance, work completed, units assessed and awarded and tests due and passed before review takes place
• Obtain effective employer and learner comments in the workplace in order to set targets
• Encourage the learner to discuss work and set own completion targets
• Set company targets for on the job and off the job training for the next three months
• Ensure progress reviews are carried out with each learner at least every twelve weeks and saved in line with company procedures
• Ensure all traineeship learners receive weekly one to one progress meetings which are documented in line with company procedures
• Ensure all learners complete online BKSB Diagnostic tests and agree basic skills support programme with IV, Assessor, Employer and Learner
• Support in the delivery of Maths, English and ICT support and test invigilation
• Ensure all learners have action plans at start of training to sit and pass their first exam within 6 months with remaining tests to be planned/completed before end of funding
• Gather test evidence and identify learners not preparing for their tests in order to take action
• Identify learners who are not making progress and work with Assessors, IVs and Divisional Managers to resolve any issues
• Follow up on study day attendance, ensuring correspondence is sent to the learner and employer
• Implement a variety of strategies to those learners in need of greater support such as more frequent progress reviews, learner and employer action plans, timetabling etc.
• Carrying out basic skills support with individual learners as necessary
• Maintain learner records to audit standard
• Assist in the smooth running of the office
• Assist in the training of new staff, including the mentoring of less experienced team members
• Attend training as required
• Maintain Continuous Professional Development