The role of the Resident Liaison Officer is a vital one for many residents you will be the first person they meet. You will facilitate the smooth running of projects before, during and after major refurbishment works programmes, ensuring that our customers are left fully satisfied after receiving works to their homes. Maintaining positive relationships between the residents, sub-contractors, client representatives and the company.
- Produce and oversee the production of appropriate communication material, e.g. letters, leaflets, newsletters, for site distribution or display, in relation to the planned refurbishment works.
- Visit tenants directly to explain the nature and scope of work involved, conduct a ‘site introduction’, ascertaining their individual requirements, arrange appointments/start dates and monitor access to individual properties
- Oversee and administrate the tenant complaints procedure, including ensuring that complaints are speedily resolved including the identification of trends, monitoring of incidence levels, and overseeing corrective action to prevent future reoccurrence as per company procedures, advise residents of the outcomes
- Manage and administrate tenant satisfaction monitoring, and produce regular performance reports for tenants and Partners.
- Where appropriate, consult with residents and tenants groups and arrange meetings to communicate programme reviews, receive tenant feedback and discuss any other agenda items
- Work in close conjunction with team members within the Company to identify and optimise any participation opportunities that may arise during the course of the project
- Able to problem solve and deal with issues and complaints through to satisfactory resolution
- Responsible for the implementation and co-ordination of tenant consultation and communication relating to programmes of large scale refurbishment works
- Give clear understanding of works to occur to the tenants, making home visits to ensure residents are fully consulted regarding options and choices.
- Ensure residents receive agreed written and verbal notifications of the commencement of works. Advise and guide residents while the work is going on. Carry out follow up resident courtesy visits.
- Creating tenant profiles and undertaking home surveys before work commencement
- Brief tenants on safety and security issues, ensuring residents receive comprehensive literature and are aware of all relevant Health & Safety requirements.
- Maintain a complaints procedure and deal with disputes and damage claims
- Deal with the contractors and anyone else who is involved with the improvement works in the residents home.
- Ensure both the resident and their home are treated with respect and consistency with our Code of Conduct
- Attend organised community events
- Identify special needs or circumstances of individual residents and ensure our service is tailored accordingly. Inform site team of any special needs for tenants
- Issue notices for access and report all defects
- Participating in weekly site meetings and project team meetings
- Interact sensitively with others; acknowledging their feelings and responding to their concerns.
- Will possess general office and administrative skills, and be able to collect data accurately and efficiently, and monitor the collection and accuracy of data collected by others