Our client is looking for an experienced, organised and reliable Retail Manager for their store in Kingston
The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily operations of the shop floor, including serving customers, managing the staff and stock management. They will be required to develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of the customer requirements and provide advice and guidance.
The role is offered on a full time, permanent basis.
Salary: £24,000 to £28,000
- Manage the daily operations of the shop floor;
- Serve customers, deal with customer enquiries and complaints;
- Manage 3-6 retail assistants, motivating them to achieve sales and provide excellent customer service;
- Create a healthy and enjoyable store work environment;
- Oversee the staff rota and ensure the department is appropriately staffed during all opening hours;
- Recruit and hire new store employees and provide induction and training;
- Ensure store and company policies and procedures are followed;
- Receive deliveries and fulfil customer orders;
- Inventory management, including ensuring shop floor is fully stocked and ensuring the stockrooms are kept well stocked, organised and tidy;
- Work closely with the Online and Stock Control manager to ensure a smooth customer experience;
- Work with the team at Bentalls (management, facilities, loading bay, security etc).
- Report regularly on sales performance.
- Must have retail management experience, including experience in managing a team;
- Reliable and dependable;
- Good knowledge of sales;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent leadership skills.
Location, Days & Hours
The role will be based primarily in the store, but will also involve helping to organise and attend annual sales at some of the schools.
4 days during the week and Saturdays during store opening hours – will include some evenings when the shop is open late (e.g. in the run-up to Christmas)