- Produce rota’s to include initial allocation of shifts in line with the service need and laid down processes ensuring that all contractual requirements are fulfilled and all shifts are staffed to an appropriate level, through liaising effectively with staff and managers.
- Responsible for allocation of all non-clinical staff hours ensuring contractual hours are met and that updates are sent to each member of staff monthly. The post holder is to highlight to the Rota & Recruitment Supervisor at the earliest opportunity any potential shortfalls.
- Ensure any additional shifts, for whatever reason, are updated on RotaMaster as appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring Bank staff are allocated appropriate shifts each month.
- Understand the KPI requirements and identify areas where the rota fill may prevent the organisation from being compliant.
- Work as a part of the rota team to design, prepare and publish rotas at least 3 months in advance.
- Attend rota meetings and provide an analysis of rota fill for the next 4 weeks identifying any areas of concern and having a solution to these concerns.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent including Maths & English at Grade C or above.
- At least 2 years relevant experience
- Experience in a commercial environment with exposure to cost reduction methods.
- Able to build relationships, lead & motivate teams and individuals.
- Knowledge of rota operating systems, or the willingness to undergo extensive training.
- Effective communicator with different audiences, adapting personal style to ensure target communication outcomes are achieved.
- Experience of working in a primary care or urgent care setting and out of hours.
- Ability to develop relationships with clinical and non-clinical staff
- Experience of conflict management in a healthcare environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills keen on delivering work to high standards
- Proven ability to use initiative to suggest improvements to ways of working
- Being flexible to the needs of the service
- Can put tasks and problems in order of importance and priority, manages own time and when appropriate others time, effectively
- Able to work as part of a team and with a wider team
- Work is accurate, outputs are always of good quality with good attention to detail
- Takes independent initiative and makes things happen