Our client is looking to recruit a Sales Executive to work for their expanding company. The main purpose of the role will be to sell the company’s goods and services to new and existing customers using a polite and professional service.
Salary: Up to £22,000 OTE £40,000
Hours: Monday – Friday
- Listening to customer/clients requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person, and via telephone calls and emails
- Arranging meetings with potential customers/clients to prospect for new business
- Acting as a contact between a company and it’s existing and potential markets
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales
- Gathering market and customer/client information
- Negotiating on price and costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers
- Challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer/client to buy
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions
- Liaising with suppliers to check the progress of existing orders
- Recording sales and order information
- Aiming to meet or exceed targets
- Gaining a clear understanding of customers’ businesses and requirements
- Making accurate, rapid cost calculations, and providing customers/clients with quotations
- Attending team meeting and sharing best practice with colleagues
- Representing the organisation at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations (if needed)
Skills and Interests
- The ability and desire to sell.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- A confident and determined approach.
- Resilience and the ability to cope with rejection.
- A high degree of self-motivation and drive.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- The capacity to flourish in a competitive environment.