Our client is a successful importer and wholesaler of food ingredients based in Surrey. They pride themselves on managing the sourcing and supply of their product to make sure customers have exactly what’s needed at the right price. They are now looking for a Technical Assistant to join their busy and growing team.
Salary: up to £30,000
- Creating and updating product specifications in line with customer requirements and current legislations.
- Implementing and reviewing HACCP at least annually as part of the HACCP team.
- Arranging product testing with specialist laboratories and analysis results to ensure compliance to specifications and legislations.
- Supplier and service provider approval via quality paperwork, accreditation certificates.
- Supplier and service provider visits & audits.
- Logging and investigating customer complaints within the required time frame.
- Completion of customer paperwork and providing information to customers as requested.
- Liaising and communicating with suppliers, laboratories and warehouses to effect good working relations.
- Maintaining an accurate database of customer and supplier information.
- Preparing for and maintaining the BRC & Soil Association standards throughout the company.
- 3 years’ experience within the food industry.
- Preferably HACCP Level 3 trained and/or audit training.
- Must be a team worker. Will be part of a small technical team who work very closely together and support each other constantly.
- Solid computer skills – proficient in Outlook & Office.
- Excellent communicator – both written & verbal.
Please get in touch with the team on 02085497212 for more information or submit your CV using the link below