A well-established insurance company based in Harrow are looking for a highly-organised junior administrator to join as a Trainee Account Handler.
Salary: £18,000 (rising to £20,000 after probation)
- To provide a quality service to existing clients, covering all aspects of their insurance arrangements; to advise, review, arrange and secure the appropriate cover at a competitive premium.
- Carry out instructions regarding the arrangement or amendment of insurance for clients, referring the query to the appropriate person when the enquiry falls outside own experience or knowledge.
- Deal with telephone enquiries promptly, referring the query to the appropriate person when the enquiry falls outside your own experience or knowledge.
- Be aware of market developments in your business areas and bring them to the attention of clients and colleagues where appropriate.
- Input new business, amendments and renewals on the computer system to maintain accurate records, keeping hard-copy records on customer files where appropriate and in accordance with company procedures.
- Exercise judgement when reviewing proposals, either new or renewals, referring to a senior colleague or insurer when appropriate.
- Attach correct wordings to certificates including any other wording (exclusions, conditions, warranties etc.) in respect of self-issue policies.
- Liaise with Insurers, other colleagues and Claims Handlers when appropriate.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload to ensure deadlines are adhered to.
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships with customers and insurers.
- Excellent relationship skills.
- Enthusiasm, initiative, problem solver, dependability and accountability
- Accurate data input skills
- Company operating system
- MS Word
- MS Outlook