Location: Guildford, Surrey
Our client is looking for a driven, ambitious, organised, highly skilled communicator with strong self-motivation to join their design team.
The role encompasses skills and disciplines in the creation of websites and other digital web-related properties. The candidate must be well-versed in web graphic design, interface design and user experience design.
- Plan site design by clarifying goals; designing functionality.
- Draw up detailed website specifications.
- Apply traditional design quality standards and attention to detail in the online environment.
- Design the website’s visual imagery, ensuring it is in line with company branding policy or the requirements of the client.
- Develop site content and graphics by coordinating with copywriters and graphic artists; designing images, icons, banners, audio enhancements, etc.
- Design sample page layouts including text size and colours.
- Develop site navigation by categorizing content; funneling traffic through content.
- Understand and meet relevant requirements such as accessibility standards, freedom of information and privacy;
- Continual professional development to keep up to date with new software developments, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Take responsibility for your workspace and IT equipment and fill-out timesheets.
- Work with other web specialists including web developers and graphic designers.
- Liaise with outside agencies.
- Checking own work and only handing over checked work.
- Research current design trends.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum three year’s experience.
- A demonstrable track record in the design industry.
- A portfolio of online projects.
- Excellent capability in Adobe CC.
- Understanding of the digital arena and a strong understanding of the general principals of marketing.
- Efficient, organised and skilled in prioritising and time management
- Mark up skills.
- HTML & CSS.
- Experience of using social media in a business context.